“When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature. If I were a young person today, trying to gain a sense of myself in the world, I would do that again by reading, just as I did when I was young.” — Maya Angelou
- Always be on time.
- Be prepared with your notebook, independent reading book, pencil/pen.
- Always check your homework on your homework calendar.
- Listen attentively in class.
- Copy all notes.
- Ask questions by raising your hand quietly.
- Check pupilpath frequently.
Every month we will:
- Use our homework calendar to know what is due.
- Read our independent reading book.
- Complete an independent reading project.
You can earn homework passes for bringing in supplies such as:
- Copy paper
- Paper towels
- Loose leaf
What we have read for unit one:
Short stories: "Seventh Grade," "Cemetery Path," The Necklace"